Thursday, July 11, 2013

Call first

It's been an amazing few days here in Montreal, I think pictures a worth more then 1000 words, so I might as well use them with all of the pictures that I have been taking.  Ill try to post some better pictures, but these will give you the general idea. 


Notre Dame - Main Alter


The organ behind, actually right above the entrance

A smaller one behind the main, not the original due to a fire that destroyed the original, but this one is still spectacular 


Vieux Porte


City Hall - L'hôtel de ville

Great little shopping market


Inside the Chatêau Ramasey this double drive, single treadle spinning wheel was on display


On the way up to the top of Mont Royal Park

The view at the top of the city
Perspective, more of a wow we are high up pictures



And of course there is a lot of good food here, we have barely scratched the surface of some of the amazing restaurants and places to visit.  There are 3 more museums, a few shopping places, and another quarter to visit before heading back home.  

Knitting wise, I've been knitting a bit actually, there is a almost a whole skew done, just finished the heel.
Just need to complete the leg and then start work on the next one.  

The secret project is underway and I'm loving it.  I mean I have to at least get some of it done here while I'm in montreal, the place that inspired this design.  I only work on it at night due to its complexity and it doesn't really work well for portable knitting.  Skews were perfect until I got to the heel.  The other socks I brought are now in the gusset decreases and no more chart so they are able to come with me.  

Of course I tried to go to 2 knitting stores, after going to Mont Royal, but this is where you should always call ahead.  The first, not too far from the Metro Station was closed, so trekked up a Amy's to another, which I was excited to go see, but to find that this one was also closed.  My mother felt bad that I couldn't go to any knitting stores while here, oh well.  

I learned my lesson, about time for dinner... I think we both deserve a big dinner, walking about 20,000 steps today already...   




2 comments:

Napiligal said...

I think I see a new design using the pattern in the ceiling of the church

Yvonne

Napiligal said...

I think I see a new design using the pattern in the ceiling of the church

Yvonne