Monday, June 24, 2013

Again.... It's been a while.

I write to you again.... after much time, after much knitting, and much going on in life.


I am still knitting, that is true.

I am actually designing a few things right now. I am using codewords for them right now, you'll know when they go up, I'll try to post here.... I will say they are pretty awesome. You'll just have to take my word for it right now.
Early July my mother and I will be venturing for 10 days into Montreal, now this is my first trip out of the United States... ever. I am kind of nervous about it and very excited. We have plans to go visit Vieux Montreal, Downtown, Mont Royal, the Latin Quarter, maybe go up to Trois Riviers, and lots more. Yarn stores are on the list and we are going to hit them (especially if for any reason my knitting needles are taken away, they shouldn't, but who knows). I will try to talk about my time there on here. I do have a design that I am working on that I will be starting for this trip (no it won't be finished before we leave, I'm fast... not that fast). But I can say it's going to be amazing, the color is amazing, I found a stitch pattern I really like, now it's number crunching time.
Through there is a problem I am facing with my knitting. We are planning on performing the next Knit Against at my LYS, a group of us coined this. What is a knit against you ask? Well that's a good question. It's similar to a knit along, where a group take on a the same pattern and knit it all together, but a knit against you are seeing who will finish first. It's quite amusing and a great motivator to get it done. The last one was pulelehua a pattern by Romi Hill, where there were a group of us doing it. You can see minehere, it was such a fun knit. The problem I'm facing is that we are going to be starting on July 1st, and then July 6th I'm leaving for Montreal, so I might not have a lot of knitting time during. However, on top of that I might have a new deadline with something completely different, so we will have to see. At any rate it should be fun. The next knit against will be RosaFlora another Romi Hill and I will be working mine in... wait for it... Madelinetosh Pure Silk Lace in the color of Saffron. It's gorgeous and I think perfect for this pattern.

Must go back to number crunching.

No comments: