Thursday, July 31, 2008

Moths!

Not real moths, you can put the pesticide down, or lavender if you're like me and don't like or can't stand strong chemicals.

No I meant this moth



This is the beginning, well about 10 repeats in the Wing-of-Moth shawl, which I have not worked on for a long time. I decided I wanted something complicated to get me distracted from things in life. It did help, though starting this a while ago, I remember it was at least 2 attempts. However, I do like the pattern, it's a beautiful pattern, and I really like how it's turning out. Those lines are life lines, and will be taken out when I'm done with the shawl. I have not needed to rip out to a life line, but I don't want to take any chances.

The Hybrid Sweater is going well, I am getting a little tired of the monotonous stockinette in the round. I want to make a sweater from Elizabeth Zimmerman, and so I will make one even if I end up in a straight jacket babbling about knitting all of those infernal stitches.

Now I want to start another project, or design another sock pattern to be available for sale in my etsy shop, once it's knit, and test knit of course. Hmmm........well back to my knitting.

1 comment:

Yarndude said...

Looks good so far! What yarn are you using?