Saturday, July 06, 2013

Lets travel

Today, well yesteryear technically when I'm writing this I flew off to Montreal.  This is not permanent but just a nice vacation with my mother.  We left early in the morning, for the first flight of the day for that plane, at 8:45am.  That flight was slightly early on departure and arrived in Dallas/Fort-worth Airport right on time.  Along with that I had this at the end of the 3 hour flight:

This is a substitution for the Francie pattern that I originally had for this yarn, the name I will post later due to its another language, but it is by cookie a.  The yarn is abstract fibers o'keefe in koi pond.  

Then our flight in Dallas was a little delayed, but left fairly quickly, only a 50 minute connection.  If you haven't been to that airport it's humongous. You actually need a train to take you to different terminals. 

But that flight went smoothly and we arrived, on time actually to our destination, Montreal. 

You can guess that the sock was bigger...

I had knit the rest of the leg and did the heel flap, turned the heel, and was working on the gusset.  All of this knitting took place on both flights.  I might have a pair of socks at the end of it.

We checked in and went out to find food, but by the time we got in, it was about 9pm, so not much was still open.  We then found ourselves in china town and went into a kind of hole in the wall restaurant, but it was good, wonton soup, spring rolls, chow mein, short ribs, chicken fried rice.  



Tomorrow will be more around Veux Montreal, where we are staying.  And getting our bearings.  I'm hoping to start the design tomorrow, since Montreal and this trip inspired it.  I am still not telling what it is going to be though, that you will have to wait and see.... But right now it's 1am, lots more to do tomorrow.  

No comments: