Friday, January 22, 2010

Of hospital visits and fraud charges

So yesterday was not a good day. I woke up at around 1:30pm, I have difficulties getting tired and falling asleep. So I had work at 5pm-close, which my Jamba closes at 8 and we have to get out of there by 9pm. So I get there, it's slow, we have new info for us upper level employees, and things are running smoothly until around 7pm. I was filling a large plastic container with hot water (we use the container for our drain baskets) and I put bleach in after. Well the bleach went in the water, and some bounced into my right eye, I wasn't even close to the container. My eye began to burn and turn red. I immediately went to the front, grabbed some paper towels and got the moisture coming out of my eye. Then I had to flush my eye with water for 5 minutes, which was so not enjoyable. Then I thought oh crap I have to fill out paperwork. Being the assistant manager, if an employee gets hurt I fill out their paperwork for workers comp but I had to fill out my own paperwork. So I filled it out, called a hospital, and called the other upper levels to see if they would help out. The 2 that were available couldn't come in, and the manager was in class so I couldn't reach her. So i closed, drove myself to one hospital and they were jam packed. Then i had to go to kaiser hospital, all without a GPS cause my car was fixed and I took it out when they were fixing it. So I had to rely on a map and my own brain to get me there, which I did. They got me situated in the waiting room, took temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and asked a few questions. I was admitted after about 30-45 minutes of waiting. They checked the pH of my eyes, checked for burns, did a vision test, and flushed it out with saline solution. Then I filled out some of their paperwork and then went home.



Then to make things worse, I checked my checking account online and it turns out I'm being charged multiple overdraft charges when I have the money. I called today and they said it was from website I have no idea what it is, I've never heard of it. So another fraud charge, I canceled my card which is my 4th with this credit union. Yippe.

Knitting wise the mitten patterns are in the test knitting stage, so that's always good. The projects for the book are doing well, the one I'm working on is just slow.

Hopefully today will get better.

1 comment:

Edwardii said...

Let's hope things go better!!! The bleach is a worry, but you did the right thing with the flush. Hope the bank gets your card untangled. Hang in there!
Ed