Thursday, January 14, 2010

I'm back and with the ZOMBIE MAC!!!

Ok I'm going to have to explain that one, about a year and a half ago I bought a new computer for college, a MacBook Pro 15" running I believe leopard. It ran very well for a while and a couple of months ago I noticed a weird buzzing noise under the keyboard and that it was getting extremely hot. I ignored it and thought it was normal till my mom commented on it and I checked a dashboard application I had and it said my fans were running at almost 6,000rpm and the internal temperature was at 180-190 degrees f. I looked around and couldn't find anything that told me what was wrong with it, then about a month ago once I turned on my computer it would boot up with the fans running at 4,000 then 5,000rpm. I took it in and they were a little baffled. They booted it up from an external drive and it ran normally, they ran DiskWarrior and it errored out on every test and warned to back up all data asap in case of a predicted hard drive failure. They replaced the hard drive, migrated my data, updated the operating system and replaced the left fan and that did it. My hard drive was failing indeed, the left fan was making the noise and the temperature and fans were due to the hard drive with a corrupted operating system. I'm typing on it and let me tell you I missed this thing so much! If anyone else has the same issues I had I hope this helps.

Knitting, what am I knitting? I am working on a project for the book, inspired by a fellow raveler, he made a pair and I wanted to make my own, but with modifications to the pattern. No he doesn't have a patter, and is going to write one up for his pair, mine will be different, and I'll see if I can make up new ways to construct it.

The book list is as follows (it's a mens knitting book):
3 hats, 3 scarves, 4 sweaters, 3 mittens/gloves, 4 miscellaneous, and 3 vests all of varying difficulty. What are you your thoughts on this? Does this seem like too many projects? Not varied enough?

No comments: