Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Travel Knitting.... Why is it so hard?

I'm sitting here drinking my second cup of coffee for the day and relaxing after an intense stash dive along with pattern pairing. I didn't know you could get tired from doing these things, but apparently you can. I have been going through my stash to find what yarn I have so that I can bring knitting for the trip, so I don't go insane. And I'm allowing myself to bring new projects because most of the ones I have right now are just too big to bring. But for some reason I am resisting casting on anything new, no I don't have startitis (yes it's a real thing, and only knitters are susceptible to my knowledge), and I don't have finishitis really. I think I am just used to working on one or two projects at a time starting a new one let alone up to 4 new ones just for this trip makes me a little... well... nuts. I know I know 4 projects just for a 10 day trip, well hear me out. I am brining a new design with me and that one I need something that will help me when that one isn't going the way I want it to. I have a mindless one for those moments when you need them (like when you are waiting or what not), I have one that's mindless but with some fun colors, one with interesting construction and a color that needs to be used, and one because it's awesome.

The projects are, with yarn:


I know I won't be able to knit all of these things or finish them by the time I come back home, but this should leave me with enough knitting to keep me busy. I was thinking of brining a sweater along with me, but I decided that these small projects would be good. Though now I need needles for all of them and I found something out, I don't have as many US 1.5 needles as I thought, I actually need to get some new ones, because the signatures are staying at home. I might need to try the sock rockets....
I will post pictures when I have more to show, just for now going to tease you all with the colors and the patterns that I'm working on or will be.

No comments: