Monday, December 15, 2008

I AM SOOOO DONE..

With this semester of college! Some of it was a lot harder then anticipated, others was a snore.

Ok, I didn't really explain the moth thing. I was cleaning my room one day, which it needs a little spritz again. And I grabbed three pairs of my hand knit socks. I decided that I would clean them and then I would have toasty feet for the cold winter (well California coldish) that lay ahead for me. After I washed them I found holes. This is one sock, if you are knitting, drinking anything non alcoholic, or anything that involves your hands, stop. Take a drink of something strong (if you are of age) and then look. Ok? This is what happened to my toe up STR sock.





8 holes, yes you read that right. Please breathe I know I wigged out when I saw this. Then 2 other pairs were affected. Just one hole in the ribbing of one and my own hand dye argyle socks has a small hole.

Needless to say everything was in quarantine and still is. I am not going to let this happen again.

Happier(?) note, Christmas knitting. After last years evil little (not) knitting spell I decided that I would not knit a lot of gifts. Even though last year was a sweater and an afghan, I didn't knit with blue for 6 months after. This year I decided to knit some socks for my mom and the Mystic Ice Shawl. So behind on the shawl, probably will be a Ireallywantedtohavethisfinishedbutineedsleeptooandthisiscompliatedsothisisapromisethatitwillbefinishedsoon. The socks were a quick knit though, I'm on the leg of the second one. I knit a sock from the New Pathways for Sock Knitters and I did that while reading. Such a great sock.

Then I got suckered into knitting a Noro scarf.



This is two skeins Noro Silk Garden, color no idea. Then 3 skeins of Misky from Mirasol. It's a gorgeous 100% baby llama yarn. I love it so much.

Ok, now I have been debating for a while if I should make a beret. I want to know if you think I would look good in one?

1 comment:

Yarndude said...

Oh no, not STR! That's awful. Sorry to hear about the moths.

Not to say anything about your ability to pull off any look, but I can't imagine you in a beret.