Wednesday, December 24, 2008

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I FINISHED IT!!!!!!!! It took me about a week to knit through charts 2 through 6 but I did it! I came home from working at Jamba Juice, knit the freaking 6 last rows and bound off. I finished at 5pm and then had to block it. While it was soaking I showered, sine I did have to go to my grandparents house for christmas eve dinner. There was a gift exchange and my uncle, who gave me 15 lbs of romney cheep for my birthday, he gave me a 3 day pass to stitches west and some money! I'm excited.

The picture of the shawl isn't the greatest, but this is it blocking. I don't have a blocking board so I had to improvise with an old thick blanket and blocking wires and pins. I'll put up a better picture after it's unwrapped tomorrow morning. And my mom has no idea that she is getting it either. She's been hinting about wanting one and so I decided the Mystic Ice would be perfect for her.



The pair of socks only needs 3 more repeats to get to the toe and then toe and sew that bad boy up. I can't really knit that while I'm sitting here with my mom, while we enjoy the fire. I guess I'll just have to knit them in a little while. Probably tonight when I'm supposed to be sleeping. Or tomorrow morning when I am cooking the "traditional" baked oatmeal. Oh well.

I have decided that I don't like lace shawls, love the look, but don't like making them.

I am now again on a fair isle kick, and I want to make a beret. And fair isle sweater, and ..... you get the picture.

2 comments:

Yarndude said...

Congrats on finishing, it looks beautiful.

Hattie said...

Gorgeous! I'm sure she'll love it. :)