Thursday, February 11, 2010

Knitting Olympics and the 2010 Project

So it's that time again and the Knitting Olympics are here and I have decided I want to participate. It's a fun event and it gives me an opportunity to knit on something for the book that I can just whip out. I won't tell you what it is, just that it will be really cool.

Another thing is I'm working on something I'm calling the 2010 blanket. What this is, is very simple, a log cabin blanket of sorts. However what I'm doing is, all of the projects I make in 2010, whatever is left from it will be knit into this blanket. It will be like a memoir of the knitting year. I'm hoping that it will be really cool looking once it's done, and it will give me an idea of the colors I use a lot of, the kinds of yarn etc. So I'm hoping by the end of the year and when the book is almost done (or at least he designing and knitting) I will have a decently sized blanket. I have the center square done and I'm working on the next part. It's really mindless, but I like the idea of it.

If anyone is interested in this as a Group on Ravelry let me know, I wouldn't mind making one.

As for the book, I'm still working on the one project, it's just going to take a while with all of the shaping and the small yarn and needles I'm using. But I will post pics soon.

No comments: